Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baptisms for the Dead

Brooklyn and Briston were able to go do baptisms for the dead for the first time yesterday at the Boise temple. I went along and witnessed this exciting event. We had a large group so they each did 10 names. Brooklyn was very quiet and respectful in the temple. She is ready to do it again as soon as she can. The day before going to the temple, Brooklyn had her white slip, baptism dress and white shoes laid out on the floor in her room (she does that with her clothes everyday before school or church). I told her that she didn't need to wear he white dress this time, but I probably should have let her. On the way to the temple she asked me if Vickie was going to be there. Vickie is her favorite lady in the ward and came to her baptism. Bless her heart--she wanted to repeat all of the wonderful things from her baptism back in March. Watching Brooklyn walk into that font, I knew we made the right choice in letting her get baptized so that she could do this again and again for others. -Tammy

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that Brooklyn and Briston got to go the temple! What a neat experience. I wish that we had a temple near by, I need to go back more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe they're both old enough to go to the temple to do baptisms, but that really is an amazing experience. I love the temple :)

    ReplyDelete